Tax Tips for Content Creators: Top Write-Offs to Boost Your Bottom Line

It’s not too late to get an extension or amend your taxes to benefit from reporting these expenses

Please note: this blog article contains affiliate links and links to my shop where I sell products and promote products I use and recommend. If you choose to make any purchase using the links on this blog, I will earn a small commission.

Today is Tax Day in the United States. It’s the deadline to file tax returns.

Ideally, if you are a US resident or citizen, you would have already filed by now, have gotten an extension or are hurredly scrambling to get it done by tonight’s midnight deadline.

Irrespective of where you are in the above category, if you are a social media influencer, performer, blogger, or other online content creator, you’re responsible for reporting the income you receive from your online activities.

Even if you are a part time creator, and you have a full time job that pays your bills, you are considered self-employed or an independent contractor by the brands, influencer platforms and social media platforms that pay you in creator rewards.

You won’t receive a W-2 from the companies that sponsor you. Instead, you’ll…



Jeneba "Jay Jay " Ghatt |Creator Economy Educator

Longtime Content Creator | Culture Critic & Politico | YouTube & Pinterest Marketing | Ex Journo & Columnist | | Writer